2022 is fast approaching. In a blink of an eye, everything is hopefully going back to normal. But even with lockdowns and social distancing, content marketing is still the king.
A digital marketing speaker Hong Kong highlights that 94% of marketers invest in content. It is because modern consumers become a lot smarter. Brands and businesses first need to create values before pitching a sale. Modern consumers want to feel a sense of importance. They also long to become a part of the community.
Through content, a social media agency Hong Kong engages its target audience before turning them into loyal customers. The social media race calls for visibility online. Consistently posting content is the key to a better brand recall.
If you want to improve your content marketing skills, here are some actionable writing tips to improve your digital marketing strategy!
Know Your Audience
Writing is all about your readers. Who are they? What will resonate best with them? Answer these questions to craft content that will most likely resonate with them. It is important to build an audience persona to focus your writing based on their interests and preferences.
Plan Your Content Strategy
To create a deeper connection between you and your readers, you should spend enough time planning your content strategy. Don’t just write for any category or subject. Create a buying journey as you publish content. Like a drama anthology or a video series, you should hook your readers into a buying journey.
Puff Your Draft
Any content starts with drafting. Do a little research to validate facts, opinions, statistics, and values. Spending some time drafting your document can help you organize your thoughts easily. Organize the content flow by using headers and listing as needed.
Read and Edit Your Content Three Times
This is one step that most content marketers failed to undertake. After puffing your draft, you should read and edit it three times. The first edit is a simple checking of the flow, grammar, and links. The second is to read it allow to know if you are satisfied with the content. The third is a final check on how your content will look on the web.
Scan for Easy Reading
Once you have uploaded your content online, perform a scan for easy reading. For example, if you are sending an email, do a test sending on another email that you can open. It allows you to see if the content is easy to read even on mobile devices. The same goes for blog content that you will publish on a website.
Pro-Tips: Use bullets and headers to add white spaces to your content. Limit your paragraph to 7 sentences.
- Be active. Active voice is much better than passive voice when writing content. It is they sound more dynamic.
- Be informative. Provide facts and not just subjective opinions.
- Be personable. Show the real you. Aim for a one-sentence paragraph that can show how emphatic you are.
- Be vivid. Keep your readers engaged by adding some excitement to your content piece. It may be a meme, quote, trivia, etc. Be creative enough to stir your audiences’ imagination.
- Avoid redundancy. Redundancy can sound boring. It can also kill the interests of your readers.
- Avoid using exclusionary words. To promote inclusivity, use neutral job titles instead of Mr. or Miss. Avoid implying demographics like age, ethnicity, gender, etc. as much as possible.
- Avoid using jargon. Your readers may not know your niche deeply. Using industry terms or jargon can drive them away or make them puzzled.
- Avoid using “There is” or “There are” at the beginning of a sentence. Weak sentences typically start with these words. Instead, find the real subject and start off with it.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Content writing is not an ordinary job. It requires passion, patience, and skills. By following the actionable writing tips mentioned above, we are pretty sure that you will improve your digital marketing strategy.